2022-2023 Academic Year Overseas Exchange Placement Results
Selection results for Overseas Exchange Program Outgoing Student Applications for 2022-2023 Academic Year can be found below:
Placed: Students who were placed at a university
Not Placed: Students who were not able to be placed at a university due to quota restraints. These students WILL NOT have the chance to be placed at a university if students on the main list withdraw from the program. (i.e. there will be no second placement) because of the deadlines of partner universities.
Procedures After Selection:
Students who have been placed to a university are required to contact as a response to the e-mail sent by International Cooperations Office (ICO) until 8 April 2022: Işıl Tipioğlu (email@example.com), and indicate their semester preference (FALL or SPRING).
Students who decide to withdraw from the program are required to contact ICO until 14 April 2022, 12.00 am (noon time). Students who withdraw from the program without a force major reason after 14 April 2022 will lose 10 points in their future Overseas Exchange applications at the same study cycle (academic level).
Selected students will be able to get detailed information for Overseas Exchange process in their advisor meeting which will be organized on 7 April 2022, Thursday (15:00-16:00) via ZOOM. As it will not be possible for advisors to explain the whole process to each student individually, it is compulsory to attend this meeting.
Toplantı Kimliği / Meeting ID: 952 5569 6588
Parola / Password: 674628
Students’ semester, department, overall grade and agreement quotas as well as academic assessment of the departments have been taken into consideration during the selection process.
According to program regulations, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in selecting prospective Erasmus students.
Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as below:
Student CGPA: 3.15
CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
Ratio: 3.15/2.89 = 1.09
Overall Erasmus application score: 3.15x26.09 = 82.18
*the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- 10 points were added to the Overall Score of the students with disabilities.
- 10 points were deduced from the Overall Score of those students who have participated in any of the Erasmus programs in the same study cycle (10 points deduced per each participation).
- 15 points were added to the overall score of the students who are the children of martyries and veterans.
- 10 points were decreased from overall score of the students if they withdraw from 2018/2019 Overseas Exchange program after the announced deadline.
- 10 points were added to the overall score of the students who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law.
1) At the beginning of your Overseas Exchange program, you are expected to take 30 ECTS of 5 courses*. If the students cannot pass at least 20 ECTS credits out of 30, they may be required to pay the tuition fee, from which they had received exemption.
If partner university’s credits are systematically low (2-3 ECTS) for all courses or if the partner university does not use ECTS credits, ECTS course weights are evaluated on a number of courses basis (5 courses).
**Students who cannot satisfy 20 ECTS course load with 5 courses are required to pass 3/5 of the courses taken
2) The courses completed successfully in the host university must be transferred into METU after return.
3) After the announcement of results, selected candidates will apply for the partner universities with the guidance of the ICO advisor. Please note that partner universities may have additional requirements (like minimum CGPA, language document etc.). Partner universities reserve the right to deny the application of the nominees that do not meet their requirements. Therefore, placement by METU does not guarantee your acceptance from the partner university due to their CGPA, language, department, etc. restrictions.
Objection to Selection Results:
Applicants who would like to object to the selection results made according to the above criteria must apply to ICO with a written petition until April 11, 2022. The written applications will be evaluated by the University Exchange Programs Commission.