At least two semesters prior to the date you wish to begin a program, define your goals and begin researching programs that will best suit you. You can begin by visiting the International Office or Study Abroad Office of your university. There you will have access to a variety of reference materials about METU. When you make your research, you can collect information on:
• application deadlines;
• whether you meet the eligibility and admission requirements;
• campus accommodation;
• other services, such as social activities, provided by the organization running the program or by the host educational institution.
• language proficiency (language of instruction at METU is in English)
If your university has an exchange student agreement with METU, contact your International Office for information about how to come to METU. If your university does not have such an Agreement may apply directly to METU International Cooperations Office, which can always provide you with information and assistance.
How to Apply?
You need to fill out and send the following documents via e-mail to METU International Cooperations Office advisors before the deadline.
- Official transcript (record of courses )
- Copy of passport
- Copy of health insurance valid in Turkey
- Accommodation form (to be published later)
Remark: Medium of instruction at METU is English at all levels and programs. Please bear in mind that in order to be able to follow courses at METU, students are strongly recommended to have adequate level of English, meaning B1 level language competence according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr) or TOEFL (ibt) score of 79 or IELTS score of 6,5.
Fall semester or Academic Year: 31 May
Spring semester: 15 November