Selection results for Overseas Exchange Program Outgoing Student Applications for 2019-2020 Academic Year can be found below:
- Placed: Students who were placed at a university
- Not Placed: Students who were not able to be placed at a university due to quota restraints. These students WILL NOT have the chance to be placed at a university if students on the main list withdraw from the program. (i.e. there will be no second placement)because of the deadlines of partner universities.
- Not approved: Application was not approved by the department.
- Cancelled: Application was cancelled due to non-attendance to EPEEP on 8.12.2018
*** Please read the attached info sheet and the information below carefully. ***
Procedures After Selection:
Students who have been placed to a university are required to contact as a response to the e-mail sent by International Cooperations Office (ICO) until 15 January 2019: Hazal Gül Yaşa (firstname.lastname@example.org), and indicate their semester preference (fall or spring).
Students who decide to withdraw from the program are required to contact ICO until 15 January 2019, 12.00 am (noon time). Students who withdraw from the program without a force major reason after 15 January 2019 will lose 10 points in their future Overseas Exchange applications at the same study cycle (academic level).
Selected students will be able to get detailed information for Overseas Exchange process in their advisor meeting which will be organized on 9 January 2019, Wednesday (11:00-12:00) at Solmaz İzdemir Hall (Library Building). As it will not be possible for advisors to explain the whole process to each student individually, it is compulsory to attend this meeting.
Students’ semester, department, overall grade and agreement quotas as well as academic assessment of the departments have been taken into consideration during the selection process.
According to program regulations, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in electing prospective Erasmus students.
Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as below:
Student CGPA: 3.15
CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
Ratio: 3.15/2.89 = 1.09
Overall Erasmus application score: 3.15x26.09 = 82.18
*the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- 10 points were added to the Overall Score of the students with disabilities.
- 10 points were deduced from the Overall Score of those students who have participated in any of the Erasmus programs in the same study cycle (10 points deduced per each participation).
- 15 points were added to the overall score of the students who are the children of martyries and veterans.
- 10 points were decreased from overall score of the students if they withdraw from 2018/2019 Overseas Exchange program after the announced deadline.
- 10 points were added to the overall score of the students who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law.
1) At the beginning of your Overseas Exchange programme, you are expected to take 30 ECTS of 5 courses*. If the students cannot pass at least 20 ECTS credits out of 30, they may be required to pay the tuition fee, from which they had received exemption.
If partner university’s credits are systematically low (2-3 ECTS) for all courses or if the partner university does not use ECTS credits, ECTS course weights are evaluated on a number of courses basis (5 courses).
**Students who cannot satisfy 20 ECTS course load with 5 courses are required to pass 3/5 of the courses taken
2) The courses completed successfully in the host university must be transferred into METU after return.
3) The transfer of credits for courses taken during mobility will be done as described below:
«According to the complementary grades in METU, CC and above for undergrad students and BB and above for grad students if deemed applicable by department, counted as passed in student’s curriculum. Student receives “EX” grade and considered “exempt” from these courses and these grades are not taken into consideration in grade point average (GPA) calculation. These courses are shown as registered in the mobility semester of student. These courses that are registered as “exempt” in METU have their names and codes from the host university indicated in “remarks” part of the transcript. »
4) After the announcement of results, selected candidates will apply for the partner universities with the guidance of the ICO advisor. Please note that partner universities may have additional requirements (like minimum CGPA, language document etc.). Partner universities reserve the right to deny the application of the nominees that do not meet their requirements. Therefore, placement by METU does not guarantee your acceptance from the partner university due to their CGPA, language, department, etc. restrictions.