PROJECT ASSISTANT POST FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATIONS OFFICE, METU
A project assistant to work at International Cooperations Office (ICO) will be hired, whose profile matches with the tasks and qualifications described below. The assistant will work under the scope of Erasmus+ Project and will be paid a monthly salary equivalent to the amount of a research assistant salary.
Candidates will be considered eligible according to the below conditions:
- The position will start in February, 2019.
- The first 3 months will be a trial period.
- Candidates should commit to work at least for 24 months.
Areas of Responsibility
Within the scope of International Student and Staff Exchange programs implementation:
- Project writing
- Budget tracking
- Conducting official correspondence with international universities
- Maintaining relationships with the internal university units and external institutions
- Advising to the beneficiaries including students, academic and administrative staff regarding programs
- Research and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of English Language (minimum METU EPE: 80, YDS: 80, TOEFL IBT: 90 OR IELTS: 7)
- Knowledge of another language is an asset
- To have an undergraduate or graduate diploma preferably from the departments of International Relations, Area Studies (Europe, Asia, Fareast, Middle East etc.), Political Science, Public Administration. (Pursuing Masters of Ph.D. degrees are not an obstacle for the application.)
- Competence in MS Office programs
- Teamwork skills
- Efficient communication skills
- To have completed military service OR postponed for at least 2 years
- At least 1 reference
Note: To have a study abroad experience at the university level will be an asset.
Candidates who are interested in the position should apply with a copy of their cv, diploma and language score documents to METU International Cooperations Office . The candidates whose qualifications are eligible will be called for an interview.
Application Deadline: Feb 12, 2019 (Tuesday)
Gülizar Karahan Balya
Phone: (0312) 210 7179