2021-2022 Erasmus + European Student Mobility Applications- ANNOUNCEMENT ( 2021-2023 Budget Year)
The applications of Erasmus+ European Student Mobility will be held between 15.02.2021 and 10.03.2021. The details of the application, agreement lists, and last years’ statistics can be found below.
Please bear in mind that students:
- Must have METU course load of minimum 30 ECTS for the semester in which s/he plans to participate Erasmus Programme
- Must take 30 ECTS course at the host university
- Make sure that 30 ECTS courses will be recognized by their departments upon successfully completion
- Graduate students who has completed their course can also apply. Their courses taken abroad will be recognized as thesis studies.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be registered at METU as full-degree students at the time of application.
- Applicants must complete at least one semester at METU.
- Conditional Program (Bilimsel Hazırlık) students and students studying in the Department of Basic English are not eligible to apply.
Please note that:
Students can participate in the Erasmus program during their studies at the same level (undergraduate students can participate in the program during their undergraduate studies, master's students can participate in the program during their master's studies, PhD students can participate in the program during their PhD studies).
Start and End Dates of the Application
Application period for the 2021/22 academic year is 15.02.2021 – 10.03.2021.
How to Apply?
Students apply online via https://application.metu.edu.tr/?lang=TR
Applications are received only once a year and always for the following academic year.
Students can make maximum 4 choices from the available universities. Please bear in mind that it is not possible to change chosen universities after submitting the application.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, university lists/ quotas and some other details are subject to change!!! Lists, quotas and program rules indicated here MAY CHANGE based on the developments/ official announcements etc.
As a result of Brexit there will be no Erasmus+ Student Mobility applications for the United Kingdom.
Erasmus Agreement List Based on Department and Level (will be updated till 15.02.2021)
** Please bear in mind that ICO is not responsible to announce all restrictions of the partner universities. The information provided by partner universities are announced above. The students cannot claim any right for the restrictions, which are not written here.
Minimum CGPA Requirement for Application
Undergraduate students who are considering to apply for Erasmus program should have at least 2.5 CGPA and graduate students should have at least 3.0 CGPA over 4.0.
English Proficiency Exam for Exchange Programs (EPEEP)
It is obligatory to have a valid English score from an exam organized by METU to complete the application. The valid score can be one of the following options:
1-You can take English Proficiency Exam for Mobility Programs (EPEEP) which will be organized on 13 March 2021. If you would like to take this exam, you should choose this option in the online application form. If you choose this option, you cannot use any other exam scores. If you do not attend the exam, your application for mobility program will be invalid. For the students who choose this option in the online application form, no additional application is required for the English Proficiency Exam on 13 March 2021. The details about the exam (venue & hour) will be announced later.
2-If you had English Proficiency Exam for Mobility Programs (EPEEP) or English Proficiency Exam (EPE) in the last 2 years, you can also use these exam results. EPEEP and EPE are valid for 2 consecutive years and students who have taken the exam in the previous 2 years may apply with a previous score. This needs to be indicated in the online application form. Among these scores, the highest one will be taken. The students who choose this option will not be able to take the English Proficiency Exam for Mobility Programs (EPEEP) that will be organized on 13 March 2021.
Students are allowed to take the EPEEP only once every academic year and those who have already taken the EPEEP in the same academic year for another exchange program will not be able to take the exam again. Thus, students who take exam on 26 December 2020 will not be able to take the English Proficiency Exam on 13 March 2021 for Erasmus+ European Mobility Program applications.
Students who choose the first option and are not able to enter the exam due to a valid excuse (e.g medical report) should submit a petition explaining their excuse to the International Cooperations Office.
The exams are organized by the Department of Basic English.
According to the regulations of the Turkish National Agency, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in electing prospective Erasmus students.
Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as below:
Student CGPA: 3.15
|CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
Ratio: 3.15/2.89 = 1.09
Overall Erasmus application score: 3.15x26.09 = 82.18
*the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- 15 points will be added to the overall score of the students who are the children of martyries and veterans. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be added to the overall score of students with disabilities. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be added to the overall score of the students who are who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
To get these additional points, applicants have to submit their official proofs until 10.03.2021 to International Cooperations Office via online application form.
- 10 points will be decreased from the overall score of the students for each participation of the Erasmus KA103/ Erasmus Traineeship and Erasmus KA107 in the same study cycle.
- 10 points will be decreased from the overall score of the students who have been selected for Erasmus KA107 for 2021-2022 academic year.
- The students who apply for both Erasmus student and traineeship mobility will be expected to give priority to one of their choices. The preference will be indicated during the online application. 10 points will be decreased from the choice that is not prioritized.
2021-2022 Erasmus student mobility grants in Euros (monthly)
|1st and 2nd Group Program Countries||Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Greece||500€|
|3rd Group Program Countries||Bulgaria, Czechia, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia||300€|
**The students who are economically disadvantaged and getting needles pension under the law numbered 3294 (Incentive for Social Solidary) will get additional funding ( additional 100 euros per month) after selection process. The student should submit the official documents to prove this situation.
In case of budgetary limitations, it is also possible to participate the program without receiving grant if you are placed to one of the available quotas at the end of the selection process. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfil rights and obligations of the program.
Students who would like to withdraw from the Erasmus programme should inform ICO about withdrawal decision latest by May 30, 2021. Please bear in mind that students who withdraw from the programme after May 30, except for the force- majeure cases, will lose 10 points their future Erasmus applications at the same study cycle (academic level).
There may be some rules set by your departments. Below you can find some of them. Please check your departments’ web pages for further details:
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can ask your questions in information sessions that will be held online. Online Webinar dates and related information can be found below:
1. 2021-22 AY Erasmus+ KA103 Öğrenim ve Staj Tanıtım Toplantısı 1 (TUR) 04.01.2021 13.00 - 14.00
Password : BCzSsuM33b3
2. 2021-22 Academic Year Erasmus+ KA103 Student Mobility and Traineeship Information Session 2 (ENG) 13.01.2021, 15.00 - 16.00
3. 2021-22 AY Erasmus+ KA103 Öğrenim ve Staj Tanıtım Toplantısı 3 (TUR) 22.01.2021, 10.00 - 11.00