Selection results for Mevlana Outgoing Student Applications for 2019-2020 Academic Year can be found below:
Students who have been placed to a university are required to contact with International Cooperations Office (ICO) until 19 March 2019, Yasin Altun (firstname.lastname@example.org), and indicate their semester preference (Fall or Spring).
In addition, students who decide to withdraw from the program are required to contact ICO until 19 March 2019. Students who withdraw from the program without a force major reason after 19 March 2019 will lose 10 points in their future Mevlana applications at the same study cycle (academic level).
Selected students will be able to get detailed information for Mevlana process in their advisor meeting which will be organized on 21 March 2019, Thursday (12:00-13:30) at Solmaz İzdemir Hall (Library Building). As it will not be possible for advisors to explain the whole process to each student individually, it is compulsory to attend this meeting.
CGPA and English Proficiency Exam score are taken into account in electing prospective Mevlana Program students. According to program regulations, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in electing prospective Mevlana students. Weighted CGPA is calculated for each applicant depending on the average CGPA in his/her departmental cohort.
Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as the example below shows:
Student CGPA: 3.15
CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
Ratio: 3.15/2.89 = 1.09
Overall Mevlana application score: 3.15x26.09 = 82.18
*the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- Applicants with disabilities (approved by medical report) get 10 additional points. Medical reports concerning their disability must be submitted to International Cooperations Office before the application deadline.
- 10 points are deduced from the overall grade of the students who have benefited from the Mevlana Program before within the same study level. Previous participation in the program in different study levels does not cause any deduction in the overall grade.
- 10 points are deduced from the overall grade of the students who have withdrawn from the program after the announced deadline for the previous Mevlana Program Applications.
- 10 points are added to the overall score of the students who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law. The proving documents must be submitted to International Cooperations Office before the application deadline.
- 15 points are added to the overall score of the students who are the relatives of martyries and veterans. The proving documents must be submitted to International Cooperations Office before the application deadline.
Students who are already placed in one of the available partner universities are not allowed to switch their placements. Students were supposed to make their University preferences by checking the availability of their academic departments at the partner university as well as some other criteria such as language requirements and so on.
After the announcement of results, selected candidates will apply for the partner universities with the guidance of the ICO advisor. Please note that partner universities may have additional requirements (like minimum CGPA, language document etc.). Partner universities reserve the right to deny the application of the nominees that do not meet their requirements. Therefore, placement by METU does not guarantee your acceptance from the partner university due to their CGPA, language, department, etc. restrictions. During the application, an internationally recognized language proficiency exam grade was not required by International Cooperations Office. However, partner universities may require a language proficiency exam grade document for their language of education (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
Number of METU students who can receive Mevlana grant for the 2019-2020 Academic Year will be determined by the Turkish Higher Education Council (YÖK). METU ICO does not make the grant allocation. METU ICO will report the list of candidates to YÖK for the selection of grantees. Students will be granted by YÖK according to their rankings and some students may not receive Mevlana grant.
When the scholarship status (whether the student is granted scholarship or not) are announced by YÖK, all students who have been placed (with or without scholarships) will be contacted by METU ICO. The announcement is expected to be made in the summer term, according to the schedule of YÖK.
For the official announcement sent by YÖK and the monthly grants, please see the attached document.