2019-2020 Erasmus + European Student Mobility Applications- ANNOUNCEMENT
The applications of Erasmus+ European Student Mobility will be held between 06.02.2019 and 26.02.2019 at 17:00. The details of the application, agreement lists, and last years’ statistics can be found below.
Please bear in mind that students:
-Must have METU course load of minimum 30 ECTS for the semester in which s/he plans to participate Erasmus Programme
-Must take 30 ECTS course at the host university
-Make sure that 30 ECTS courses will be recognized by their departments upon successfully completion
-Graduate students who have completed their course can also apply. Their courses taken abroad will be recognized as thesis studies.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be registered at METU as full-degree students at the time of application.
Applicants must complete at least one semester at METU.
Conditional Program (Bilimsel Hazırlık) students and students studying in the Department of Basic English are not eligible to apply.
Please note that:
Students can participate in the Erasmus program during their studies at the same level (undergraduate students can participate in the program during their undergraduate studies, master's students can participate in the program during their master's studies, PhD students can participate in the program during their PhD studies).
Start and End Dates of the Application
Application period for the 2019/20 academic year is 06.02.2019 – 26.02.2019.
How to Apply?
Students apply online via https://student.metu.edu.tr/
Applications are received only once a year and always for the following academic year.
Students can make maximum 4 choices from the available universities.
Erasmus Agreement List Based on Department and Level (will be updated till 05.02.2019)
Minimum CGPA Requirement for Application
Undergraduate students who are considering to apply for Erasmus program should have at least 2,5 CGPA and graduate students should have at least 3,0 CGPA over 4,0.
English Proficiency Exam for Exchange Programs (EPEEP)
English Proficiency Exam for Exchange Programs (EPEEP) for all applicants takes place after the online application period has ended. It is obligatory to take EPEE.
For the 2019/20 academic year Erasmus applications, the EPEEP will be held on 02 March 2019.
EPEEP is valid for two consecutive years and students who have taken the exam in the previous 2 years may apply with a previous score. This needs to be indicated on the online application.
Students are allowed to take the EPEEP only once a year and those who have already taken the EPEEP for the Non-European Programs application on 8 December 2018 will not be able to take the exam again for the Erasmus application in February.
The exam is organized by the Department of Basic English. If the students do not take EPEEP their Erasmus application will be regarded as invalid.
According to the regulations of the Turkish National Agency, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in electing prospective Erasmus students.
Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as below:
Student CGPA: 3.15
CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
*the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- 15 points will be added to the overall score of the students who are the childrens of martyries and veterans.The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be added to the overall score of students with disabilities. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be added to the overall score of the students who are who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be decreased from the overall score of the students for each participation of the Erasmus KA103/ Erasmus Traineeship and Erasmus KA107 in the same study cycle.
- 10 points will be decreased from overall score of the students if they withdraw from 2018/2019 Erasmus program (study or internship programs with European or non-European countries ) after the announced deadlines.
-10 points will be decreased from the overall score of the students who have been selected for Erasmus KA107 for 2019-2020 academic year.
- The students who apply for both Erasmus student and traineeship mobility will be expected to give priority to one of their choices. The preference will be indicated during the online application. 10 points will be decreased from the choice that is not prioritized.
2019-2020 Erasmus student mobility grants in Euros (monthly)
1. ve 2. Group Countries: 500 €
- UK, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Greece
3. Group Program Countries: 300 €
- Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Macedonia, Polond, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
In case of budget limitations, it is also possible to participate the program without receiving grant if you are placed to one of the available quotas at the end of the selection process. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfill rights and obligations of the program.
Students who would like to withdraw from the Erasmus programme should inform ICO about withdrawal decision latest by April 30, 2019. Please bear in mind that students who withdraw from the programme after April 30, except for the force- majeure cases, will lose 10 points their future Erasmus applications at the same study cycle (academic level).
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can ask your questions in information sessions that will be held in Solmaz İzdemir Hall (Main Library Building)
There may be some rules set by your departments. Below you can find some of them. Please check your departments’ web pages for further details:
08 November 2018 - 15.00-16.00
16 November 2018 - 11.00-12.00
27 November 2018 - 10.00-12.00
05 December 2018 - 10.00-11.00 ( English Session)
11 December 2018 - 10.00-11.00
17 December 2018 - 11.00-12.00
26 December 2018 - 14.00-15.00
09 January 2019 - 15.00-16.00
14 January 2019 - 10.00-11.00
16 January 2019 - 10.00-12.00
11 February 2019 - 14.00-15.00
14 February 2019 - 10.00-11.00