2018-2019 Erasmus+ European Traineeship Applications
The applications of Erasmus+ European Traineeship will be held between 06.02.2019 and 26.02.2019 at 17.00. The details of the application and last years’ statistics can be found below.
Please bear in mind that:
-Traineeship activity cannot be used to carry out academic and scientific studies such as research assignments or analysis studies within the scope of a specific curriculum. Activities conducted by students in order to complete or support their own scientific studies like scientific researches and projects are not accepted as internship activities. In order for these activities to be accepted as traineeship activities, they should be carried out as professional activities that are economically viable in the related sector, not in academic studies.
-The following organizations are not eligible for Erasmus + traineeship activity:
- EU institutions and agencies ( https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/institutions-bodies_en )
- National Agencies and similar institutions carrying out EU programs
-Make sure that traineeship activity will be recognized by the departments upon successfully completion.
Who can apply?
-Applicants must be registered at METU as full-degree students at the time of application.
-Applicants must complete at least one semester at METU.
-They must also be able to continue studies at the same level (undergraduate, masters, PhD) at METU the following year, i.e. the year of the exchange.
-Conditional Program (Bilimsel Hazırlık) students and students studying in the Department of Basic English are not eligible to apply.
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT 4TH YEAR STUDENTS CAN ALSO APPLY FOR TRAINEESHIP AND THEY CAN DO THEIR TRAINEESHIP FOLLOWING THEIR GRADUATION.
Start and End Dates of the Application
Application period is 06.02.2019– 26.02.2019.
How to Apply?
Students apply online via METU Online Application System: https://student.metu.edu.tr/
During the online applications, applicants will be asked to submit an acceptance letter to the system. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The acceptance letters should be signed, stamped and written on a headed paper (antetli kağıt) and include:
- dates & subject of the traineeship
- name of the institution where the traineeship will take place
- name and function of the person who signs the letter
In the acceptance letters, it should be specified that the applicants will work as a trainee rather than a researcher. Those letters including such notions like “research” or “scientific study” will not be accepted.
The last date traineeship can start is March 2020. The traineeship should be completed before 31 May 2020.
For the application to be valid, the acceptance letters should be approved by ICO. During the application period, ICO officers regularly control the acceptance letters according to the criteria above from the application system. It will be possible to make changes in the acceptance letters during the application period if they are not approved by ICO.
The application should be completed 26.02.2019 before 17.00. The appropriateness of the acceptance letter will be decided on the last version that is uploaded to the online application system by this time. Hence, it will not be possible to upload any edited document after the deadline.
Minimum CGPA Requirement for Application
Undergraduate students who are considering to apply for Erasmus program should have at least 2,5 CGPA and graduate students should have at least 3,0 CGPA over 4,0.
English Proficiency Exam for Exchange Programs (EPEEP)
English Proficiency Exam for Exchange Programs (EPEEP) for all applicants takes place after the online application period has ended. It is obligatory to take EPEE. EPEEP will be held on 02 March 2019.
EPEEP is valid for two consecutive years and students who have taken the exam in the previous 2 years may apply with a previous score. This needs to be indicated on the online application. However, students are allowed to take the EPEEP only once a year and those who have already taken the EPEEP for the Non-Euroepan Programs application on 8 December 2018 will not be able to take the exam again for the Erasmus application in February.
The exam is organized by the Department of Basic English. If students are not able to enter the exam, their Erasmus application will be regarded as invalid.
According to the regulations of the Turkish National Agency, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in electing prospective Erasmus students. Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as below:
Student CGPA: 3.15
|CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
Ratio: 3.15/2.89 = 1.09
25*+1.09=26.09Overall Erasmus application score: 3.15x26.09 = 82.18
*the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- 15 points will be added to the overall score of the students who are the childrens of martyries and veterans. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be added to the overall score of students with disabilities. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be added to the overall score of the students who are who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period.
- 10 points will be decreased from the overall score of the students for each participation of the Erasmus KA103/ Erasmus Traineeship and Erasmus KA107 in the same study cycle.
- 10 points will be decreased from overall score of the students if they withdraw from 2018/2019 Erasmus program (study or internship programs with European or non-European countries ) after the announced deadlines.
- 10 points will be decreased from the overall score of the students who have been selected for Erasmus KA107 for 2019-2020 academic year.
- The students who apply for both Erasmus student and traineeship mobility will be expected to give priority to one of their choices. The preference will be indicated during the online application. 10 points will be decreased from the choice that is not prioritized.
Duration of the Activity
The duration of the activity is between 2 and 12 months, valid separately for each degree level. The traineeship period cannot be less than 2 months (60 days).
Since 2014/15 academic year, students can participate in the Erasmus program more than once. The same student may receive grants for mobility periods totaling up to 12 months per each cycle of study (UG, MS, PhD), independently from the number and type of mobility activities. This means the duration of Erasmus grants for Erasmus traineeship mobility and Erasmus student mobility and in a specific cycle of study for a student can be maximum 12 months.
However, in order to provide mobility opportunity for higher number of students and because of the budget limitations, the maximum duration of granted period is limited with 3 months. The Erasmus trainees selected for this period will be able to receive Erasmus grant for a 3 months-period.
2018-2019 Erasmus traineeship grants in Euros (monthly)
1. ve 2. Group Countries: 600 €
- UK, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Greece
3. Group Program Countries: 400 €
- Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Macedonia, Polond, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
In case of budget limitations, it is also possible to participate the program without receiving any grant. Those applicants who would like to participate in the program without grant need to make application and their applications need to be evaluated as the others. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfill rights and obligations of the program.
Students who would like to withdraw from the Erasmus traineeship program should inform ICO about withdrawal decision latest by April 30, 2019. Please bear in mind that students who withdraw from the program after April 30, except for the force- majeure cases, will lose 10 points their future Erasmus applications at the same study cycle (academic level)
Students may also have a look at "Traineeship Announcement" page to see the institutions who are looking for an Erasmus trainee.
Due to previous years’ students’ experiences the acceptance letters taken from Dpoint Group and Anidra People’s University will not be accepted. Please select your traineeship place carefully.
Students may be required to obtain a visa for the traineeship period. Please keep in mind that visa procedures may take a long time and students may have to pay fees for visa application (fee amounts vary). Please consult with the embassy of the related country.
Important Notice for students who carry their traineeship in UK:
To be able to apply for UK visa, students must get CoS ( Certificate of Sponsorship) from British Council. However, getting this number takes a long period time so the students who are planning to go UK should this issue into consideration.
For details please visit: https://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/tier-5-visa-how-to-apply-for-a-certificat...
Necessary Documents to apply for CoS Number.
1) Traineeship agreement (belgelerin üzerindeki Home ve Host Institution damgalarına da oldukça dikkat ediyorlar)
2) Acceptance Letter
4) Erasmus Students Certificate
5) Information for CoS Number
You can ask your questions in information sessions that will be held in Solmaz İzdemir Hall ( Main Library Building)
08 November 2018 - 15.00-16.00
16 November 2018 - 11.00-12.00
27 November 2018 - 10.00-12.00
05 December 2018 - 10.00-11.00 (English Session)
11 December 2018 - 10.00-11.00
17 December 2018 - 11.00-12.00
26 December 2018 - 14.00-15.00
09 January 2019 - 15.00-16.00
14 January 2019 - 10.00-11.00
16 January 2019 - 10.00-12.00
11 February 2019 - 14.00-15.00
14 February 2019 - 10.00-11.00
You can find traineeship some oppurtunities at http://erasmusintern.org/