Universidad de Monterrey is excited to announce an opportunity for your esteemed faculty members to apply for a visiting professorship at our university. We cordially invite you to share this call for applications with your academic community.
The Global Community Professor opportunity is open to all academic areas, and we encourage all eligible candidates to apply. As a visiting professor, selected faculty members will have the opportunity to share their expertise with our students, work with our faculty, and engage in interdisciplinary collaborations. We are looking for professors with international experience who are inspiring, flexible and sensitive to global needs, who share their knowledge and values of the university through their service to others, and we are certain that excellent candidates may come from our partners.
What we are looking for:
• A professor who may or may not be associated with another University.
• Expert in his/her area of expertise.
• Officially accredited.
• Distinguished in the field of education, culture, and/or business.
The GLOBAL COMMUNITY PROFESSOR may develop the following activities depending on their area of expertise.
• Teaching. Depending on the academic qualifications/credentials and department goals, the professor will have certain assigned course(s).
• Collaboration and development of High Impact Projects.
• Conferences, seminars and/or summits.
• Mentoring of Outstanding Students.
• Development of publication or academic writing.
This call for applications is for Spring 2024 stays (January 8 - May 8, 2024).
Please note that the deadline to submit applications is November 17, and interested professors must apply directly through the link provided in the e-card. We kindly ask that you disseminate this information among your faculty members and encourage them to apply before the deadline.
Selected visiting professors can expect all travel expenses to be covered, including the following benefits:
- Sponsored flight tickets (round)
- Accommodation (in a hotel selected by UDEM)
- Meals (card that can be used at all UDEM cafeterias, and at selected restaurants off-campus)
- Teaching remuneration (as per Industry standards)
A pre-selection will be made through an interdisciplinary committee before the end of the semester (December 16), and all applicants will be notified of the committee's decision before this date. Please note that pre-selected candidates will be able to negotiate the length / format of their stay in order to ensure that both, UDEM and the visiting professor, will have a meaningful experience.
We thank you for your support in promoting this opportunity amongst your faculty members, and we look forward to receiving applications from your academic community.