- Application Fee: Application fees depend on the country and duration of the visa.
- Letter of Acceptance: All students who are accepted to METU as an Exchange/Erasmus+/Mevlana student receive a letter of acceptance. Letter of acceptance is the document proving that the student have been officially accepted by METU as an Exchange/Erasmus+/Mevlana student. The document also includes the financial details of the exchange semester. Acceptance letter may be used for visa purposes for those who are required to have a visa to enter Turkey.
- Passport: The passport the student uses during the application must be valid until the end of the exchange semester in Turkey.
- Proof of Finances: In addition to the financial support indicated in the letter of acceptance, the students may be required to submit additional proof of finances.
- Travel Insurance: The students may be required to submit travel insurance.
- Support Documents: ICO provides visa support documents to the Embassy/Consulate the student applies to, through METU, The Turkish National Agency, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Migration Office.
Additional to the documents above, the Embassy/Consulate may require other documents. For further information, it is imperative that you contact the nearest Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
i. Rent contract (notary approved): if the signer of the contract of the flat is the student the rent contract approved by the notary should be taken to the appointment.
ii. Rent contract (notary approved) + confirmation document written by contract holder (notary approved): if the student shares the flat with someone, the signer of the contract must give a confirmation document approved by notary. Closest notaries can be seen here.
6. Four photographs: Applicant’s name and surname should be written on their backs
8. Copy of the passport: identity information page, Turkish visa page and all pages with stamps must be copied.
9. Application fee: All students will pay 160 Turkish Liras for application; the fee will be paid to Vakıfbank or Ziraat Bankası with the reference number 9207. You will not pay any extra fees.