Incoming Exchange/Erasmus+/Mevlana students can take courses from different department at any level (UG/MS/PhD) as long as the instructor of the course approves. Prior to the approval, the instructor may require transcript of the student, and syllabi of prerequisite courses that student took at the home institution.
The procedure of course registration is explained thoroughly during the Orientation Week, organized each semester for incoming Exchange/Erasmus+/Mevlana students.
Incoming Exchange/Erasmus+/Mevlana students should pay attention to ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) instead of METU Credits, which can be seen here. The average course load at METU is 5 courses (approximately 30 ECTS) for regular semesters. Students who visit METU within Erasmus+ ICM program must take min. 30 ECTS.
Students are advised to consult with their advisors at METU if they are not sure whether the course (s) they are planning to take is/are under this category or not:
- Incoming Exchange/Erasmus+/Mevlana students cannot take courses from Northern Cyprus Campus (Kuzey Kıbrıs Kampüsü) programs since thay are not available to METU-Ankara students.
- Moreover, they cannot take courses from evening programs, international joint degree programs since these programs are open only to fee paying degree students.
- Course/prerequisites/restrictions/staff/hours: https://oibs3.metu.edu.tr/View_Program_Course_Details_64/
- Content of courses: https://catalog.metu.edu.tr/
- Location of classes: http://www.metu.edu.tr/location-classrooms-metu-campus
- ODTÜClass: https://odtuclass.metu.edu.tr/
|At the end of the semester students receive a letter grade and an equivalent grade point for each course taken, which is shown in the transcript of records. The letter grades, percentage grades and grade points are explained in the table below.|
|Letter Grade||Grade Point||Percentage Grade|
|FF||0||49 and below|
|Other Letter Grades:
I - Incomplete
S - Satisfactory
U - Unsatisfactory
P - Progressing
EX - Exempted
NI - Not Included in the GPA and CGPA
W - Withdrawn
NA - Exceeded the abseentism limit