Greetings from Caucasus University!
Please be informed that Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Humanities: Institute of Classical, Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, Institute of Georgian History, Institute of Archaeology, Bascology Center; Complutense University of Madrid, Faculty of Philology, Department of Classical Philology and University Institute of Sciences of Religion & School of Humanities and Social Sciences of Caucasus University start accepting applications for the First International Conference "Two Iberias: Two Gates of Europe".
The conference is dedicated to the study of the ancient cultures of Caucasian Iberia and Spanish Iberia and their reception, including parallels and presumed contacts.
- Eastern Iberia as the Gateway of Europe;
- Western Iberia as the Gateway of Europe;
- Two Iberias - a link through the ages?
- Translation of Classical Literature between Spain and Georgia;
- Bilateral Cultural Activities between Spain and Georgia;
- Visit to the National Museum of Georgia;
- Archaeological Excursion.
Both experienced/young researchers/scholars and PhD students can participate in the conference.
- Date and venue of the conference: 12-14 June, 2024. Tbilisi.
- Conference format: hybrid;
- Working languages of the conference: English and Georgian;
- Conference Fee: Regular registration 150 EUR (for students: 75 EUR, for online participants: 50 EUR)/
- The Conference fee includes: Conference material, certificate of participation, coffee breaks, lunch-breaks, visit to the museum, one-day excursion to the surroundings of Tbilisi, reception at the Tbilisi City Hall, cultural activities.
Interested candidates should send abstracts (300-600 words) and a brief CV (100-150 words) by January 15, 2024 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Subject: Two Iberias.
Along with the abstract and CV the following information about the author should be provided:
- Name and Surname;
- Affiliation and position;
- Contact information (phone and email);
- Language of the paper;
- Participation format (physical/online)
In case of additional questions, please contact the program organizers at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org