Selection results for Erasmus+ Non-European Exchange Program (KA171 International Credit Mobility-ICM) Outgoing Student Applications for 2023-2024 Academic Year can be found HERE, in the below link and E-Devlet Career Gate Platform initiated by the Turkish National Agency (https://erasmusbasvuru.ua.gov.tr/giris); you can enter to the system by using your E-Devlet password:
Placement is made according to overall scores and university preferences (in order) of the students, as well as the University quotas and available grant-quotas for the same country/region.
For the students who were placed at a university with or without grant, it is not possible to change their university for any reason!
- Placed with Grant: Students who were placed at a university and received Erasmus+ grant.
- Placed without Grant: Students who were placed at a university without Erasmus+ grant (due to grant quota specific to each region/country) are “reserve for grant (hibe için yedek)”. These students may receive Erasmus+ grant if a granted student in the same country/region withdraws from the program and no new students get placed in that quota with a higher Overall Score.
- Not Placed: Students who were not able to be placed at a university due to quota restraints. These students WILL NOT have the chance to be placed at a university if students on the main list withdraw from the program. (i.e. there will be no second placement) because of the deadlines of partner universities.
*** Please read the attached info sheet and the information below carefully. ***
PROCEDURES AFTER SELECTION:
These procedures are valid for both students with and without grant!!!
Students who have been placed to a university are required to contact International Cooperations Office (ICO) and specify their semester preference until 30 January 2023: Cansu Bolgül (firstname.lastname@example.org). While determining your semester preference, please also consider the application deadline of your university.
Students who decide to withdraw from the program are also required to contact ICO until 30 January 2023, 12.00 am (noon time). Students who withdraw from the program without a force major reason after 30 January 2023 will lose 10 points in their future Erasmus+ KA171 ICM applications at the same study cycle (academic level).
Selected students will be able to get detailed information for Erasmus+ process in their advisor meeting which will be organized on 5 January 2023, Thursday (14:00) at Solmaz Izdemir Hall (Main Library Building, next to the International Cooperations Office). As it will not be possible for advisors to explain the whole process to each student individually, it is compulsory to attend this meeting.
Students can visit the below website for the required documents:
Students’ semester, department, overall grade and agreement quotas as well as academic assessment of the departments have been taken into consideration during the selection process.
According to program regulations, 50% of CGPA and 50% of the English language test score are taken into account in electing prospective Erasmus students.
Besides, before calculating the 50% of the CGPA, a coefficient is applied on the CGPA according to the applicants' department and semester information as below:
- Student CGPA: 3.15
- CGPA of the related department's students in the same semester with the applicant: 2.89
- Ratio: 3.15/2.89 = 1.09
- Overall Erasmus application score: 3.15x26.09 = 82.18
- *the convergent factor to calculate 50% of the CGPA = 25
- 10 points were added to the Overall Score of the students with disabilities.
- 10 points were deduced from the Overall Score of those students who have participated in Erasmus+ KA171 Program in the same study cycle (10 points deduced per each participation).
- 15 points was added to the overall score of the students who are the children of martyrs and veterans.
- 10 points was added to the overall score of the students who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law.
- 10 points was decreased from overall score of the students if they withdraw from the previous Erasmus+ KA171 ICM Program after the announced deadline.
Students selected for this program will receive 700 Euro per month and also travel support ranging from 180-1500 Euro according to distance between Ankara and the city that they will study.
Participants receive 70% of the total financial support (calculated according to study period of the host institution) at the beginning of their mobility period and the remaining 30% when the programme is over.
It is possible to participate in the program without grant as well. However, just like granted beneficiaries, zero-grant students must apply to the program and get selected officially.
Students with disabilities and disadvantaged beneficiaries can apply for additional funds if they are placed for a university, as explained in the application call (https://ico.metu.edu.tr/duyuru/erasmus-non-european-exchange-program-ka171-international-credit-mobility-2022-project).
1) At the beginning of your Erasmus programme, you are expected to take 30 ECTS of 5 courses* and indicate those courses at Learning Agreement Before the Mobility. If the students cannot pass at least 20 ECTS credits out of 30, 30% of their grant will not be paid.
If partner university’s credits are systematically low (2-3 ECTS) for all courses or if the partner university does not use ECTS credits, ECTS course weights are evaluated on a number of courses basis (5 courses).
**Students who cannot satisfy 20 ECTS course load with 5 courses are required to pass 3/5 of the courses taken
*The courses taken in the host university must be recognized at METU after return.
2) The courses completed successfully in the host university must be transferred into METU after return.
3) After the announcement of results, selected candidates will apply for the partner universities with the guidance of the ICO advisor. Please note that as announced in the application call, partner universities may have additional requirements (like minimum CGPA, language document etc.). Partner universities reserve the right to deny the application of the nominees that do not meet their requirements. Therefore, placement by METU does not guarantee your acceptance from the partner university due to their CGPA, language, department, etc. restrictions.
OBJECTION TO SELECTION RESULTS:
Applicants who would like to object to the selection results made according to the above criteria must apply to ICO with a written petition within one week from the date of the announcement. The written applications will be evaluated by the University Exchange Programs Commission